Monday, March 5, 2012

Moroccan Chicken Salad

This recipe makes use of items remaining from last week. Although it may seem a bit repetitive, it is so nice to be able to make use of ingredients already on hand. And, it's a whole new twist on them, so they don't even seem familiar to what we enjoyed last week.


Moroccan Chicken Salad

1 cup spelt berries
1 cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Moroccan Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
3/4 cup golden raisins
2 green onions, sliced

In a small saucepan, combine the spelt and 2-1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain.
   Combine the yogurt, soy sauce, lemon juice, seasoning and salt. Stir in the chicken, raisins, onions and spelt. Refrigerate until serving. Serves: 4.

For the chicken, I used the chicken that I already hand cooked and on-hand from this post: Bistro Cut Chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks so much for your sweet comments at One Artsy Mama! I came to visit and noticed that you're all about yummy recipes. That's the one thing I don't talk about often on my blog; I'm a crafter, not so much a cook...lol. Wondered if you might be interested in doing a guest recipe post for me sometime at the end of the month or in April. Preferably something lactose free so my hubs could enjoy it {butter is ok, but no cream, milk, or cheese}...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete