Thursday, November 3, 2011

A week of culinary smiles.

My kitchen hasn't been very abuzz this last week, I don't even know where this last week went. However, there have been several culinary delights in my life the last week.

It all began with a day in the kitchen at Sanford. My heart still melts thinking about it. My darling husband treated me to a day of pans chiming, sauces simmering, knives dancing and chefs in white coats creating beauty. It was magnificent to be standing amongst it all! After the work I then returned with Troy and we were treated to a dinner for royalty. Don't worry, when I have a bit more time, I will delight you with the seven courses in which we enjoyed and I still dream about.

My second smile is my adorable father. Is it appropriate to call your number one follower adorable on a public forum when he has work callused hands and an inch of shop dirt covering his pocketed t-shirt? I think so. But he has taken up a culinary adventure of his own, and is aspiring to be king of the smoker. It has led to some very fun phone conversations and if he didn't despise typing so much, I would fear of competition in the blog world.

My husband, finally yesterday, revealed to me the secret to the outstanding salmon fillet that he prepared Monday evening. Old World Third Street seasoning mix. From a local spice shop, it's spice heaven in a jar. And the smile it gave my husband to present such a wonderful dish to the table was inspiring in itself.

Lastly, the Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette from the Mason Jar post, that's worth a smile as well.. The other evening I tossed it with arugula, dried cherries and green onions and then sprinkled with shaved Parmesan cheese and toasted pecans. Delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment