Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's not delivery...

I just found it in the fridge! Today's pizza throw together is now on my list of must-repeats. And as luck would have it, all that I had to do was stand in front of the fridge and grab all the odds and ends that I could gather. And then kick the door shut with my foot, cause my hands were too full to manage..


So - this is going to be simple and short because that's how weeknight dinner should be. You've spent all day at the grind, so why night come home, get this on everyone's plate and spend those extra moments just being with your people.

Also, it's not quite a recipe, since I just gathered from the fridge. But following is what I did and don't be afraid to modify it to whatever may be hanging around your fridge. However, I will say that this version is delicious.

Let's begin - throw a flatbread of choice on a cookie sheet (I used Flat Out whole grain), you'll want one for each person and two fit on a cookie sheet. Spread with some ranch dressing, top with torn rotisserie chicken, black beans and chopped tomato. Drizzle with enchilada verde sauce and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and grated Parmesan cheese. Then just place under the broiler and you're done!

Some chopped red onion, olives or jalapeno would also be delightful. I didn't want to take the time to shred a cheese such as Jack or cheddar because I was starving, but that would be sinfully good as well. To round out the meal, a salad of greens, avocado, green onion, tomato, olives and cilantro drizzled with some ranch dressing mixed with salsa would do just the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment